Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 2:

This week has just flown by! It has been filled with classes upon classes upon classes! It was still amazing, nonetheless. I got to teach three mock investigators since being here at the MTC and they have all committed to baptism! so that's exciting! My testimony has grown so much from being here for less than two weeks. Nothing compares. It's amazing! 
I leave on Wednesday at 3:00am to fly to Minnesota, which already has a few feet on snow. And here I am with no snow boots! This California girl is going to freeze! I have classes tonight and tomorrow which is going to be strange. In my district, two companionships of elders are going to Houston, Texas. They left yesterday so classes aren't going to be the same without them. It was so bitter sweet already saying goodbye to so many of my friends. I know that I will make so many more in the mission field though! The picture is of my district and one of our teachers. Top row left to right: Elder Koster (going to the Houston East Mission), Brother Hoffman (our teacher), Sister Mortenson (going to the Minnesota, Minneapolis Mission), me, Sister Kirkby (going to the Minnesota, Minneapolis Mission), Sister Steadman (going to the Minnesota, Minneapolis Mission), Sister Larson (going to the Minnesota, Minneapolis Mission). Bottom row left to right: Elder Darling (going to the Minnesota, Minneapolis Mission), Elder Heaps (going to the Houston East Mission), Elder Udall (going to the Houston East Mission), Elder Moos (going to the Houston East Mission), and Elder Judd (going to the Minnesota, Minneapolis Mission). The sisters and elders in this district have grown so much in less than two weeks. It was amazing to see each of their testimonies growing as they learned more about the gospel. I am really going to miss them all. They have become my family.
My companions and I and some elders got matching Superman shirts from the MTC bookstore, but instead of having the S, they said CTR. I would send pictures, but I can't upload from on these computers from my camera. So that's lame! I'll send them when I get the chance along with others!
I don't have much computer time this week so I am just going to leave it with this.
I love this church. I love this gospel. I can't wait to share the joy of the Lord with the wonderful people of the Minnesota, Minneapolis Mission. I am here at this time for a reason.

Love, Sister Zimmerman

No comments:

Post a Comment