Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 13:

Good morning! Today is such a beautiful day here in Minnesota. My, it's almost t-shirt weather! I don't even have to wear a sweater, it's so warm today. It's in the low 30's. What a blessing. :)

Last Tuesday we had a snow storm and it was quite interesting! It was my first time driving in that much snow, but all was well! I enjoyed having snow, though it has quickly melted! I mean, I didn't chose to come on my mission to Minnesota for no snow! Just kidding, of course!

This week has been quite interesting! We now have no progressing investigators. Anthony, who we were teaching, we have dropped. We went over to Gina's house (which is where we had met him and always saw him at) on Monday for our usual meeting. He was not there, though we still had a meeting with her and her two young children. After our lesson, we asked Gina if everything was okay with Anthony, for we had not seem him for a week or so. She shook her said no and said that she would tell us later, when her children were not around. We went back to her house on Thursday for dinner. Her children were running around playing so we had the chance to talk to her about Anthony. She said that we had gone out with his friends one night, and took her 14-year-old son, Jordan, with him. They had gone to a store and Anthony told Jordan to wait in the car. A little while later, Anthony came running out of the store, with the security guard chasing him, and hoped into the car and took off, leaving the owner of the car in the store. Anthony dropped Jordan off at a gas station where he was able to call his mother to pick him up. All got cleared with Jordan, but now Anthony is probably half way across the country, running from the cops. So, for obvious reasons, we have dropped Anthony as our investigator. 

We were so sure that Anthony was a golden investigator. So, of course, we are sad that things took such a turn. However, the scripture 1 Corinthians 1:17 has stood out to me. It reads, "For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel." I know that as long as we are doing our best, that is all the Lord expects of us. We need to preach the gospel and continue to be diligent. Eventually, we will find those whom the Lord has prepared for us.

Beth is progressing very well! She is coming to church and loving it! She loves the young women's program and we have started to do personal progress with her, which is a lot of fun. She has so much potential and she is started to see it. Her dad, Garth, still isn't interested in the gospel at all, but we did get a lesson in with him on Friday! We kind of trapped him though! Sister Anderson and I went over for dinner. We always leave with a dinner message, but usually we start it after dinner. This time, we started it at the table so he had to sit through it. We could tell he was enjoying it, he just didn't want to admit it!

On Wednesday, my district went to the sculpture gardens in Minneapolis. We exchanged Wednesday for Monday as our preparation day so we could go. It was so much fun, but so cold! We went with a member who, when she saw that I did not have a jacket on, proceeded to yell at me saying, "It is 5 degrees out!" My response was, "I'm not cold!" To say the least, I left wearing her jacket and gloves! However, they got in the way a lot so I took them off many times. :p The gardens were a lot of fun! We got lots of random pictures. I got to see the spoon with the cherry on it that is the first thing you see when you google Minneapolis. There was an ice rink that I walked across in regular shoes and almost ate it a few times! The picture is of my district in one of the indoor gardens there! Of course, I am front and center, haha. After the gardens, we played lazer tag. It was my first time playing-definitely fun! I was actually not too bad! Out of the 16 who were playing, my score was never below #7. And the best place I got was #2. Nothing to brag about... But... Haha it was definitely fun! Until three little kids, couldn't have been older than 8, came and totally kicked our butts. I definitely recruited them to be on my team! All in all, Wednesday was a great day! 

My companion, Sister Anderson, and I have been making so many smoothies lately. The first one she made was disgusting! It was super healthy and very green. She couldn't even drink it. I proceeded to make a semi healthy one. With all of her ingredients plus raspberry sherbet, bananas, and strawberries. To say the least, mine was much better! To make it all the worse, she ended up splilling hers all over the counter, floor, and herself! Man, it stunk! I don't think I had laughed so hard on my mission! But I was nice, and let her have some of mine. :)

I feel like I have learned so much this week. Yesterday at church, we had two sacrament talks on agency. I also taught Sunday school on that same topic. Come relief society third hour, our lesson was on agency. I realized how key being able to choose really is in this life. I heard a quote from John Bytheway, which says something to the effect of those who abuse their free agency in this life, will have it taken from them in the next. I always have to watch myself in all that I do, to make sure that I am making those right decisions. Not only in action, but in word and thought. I know that as I continue to do so, I will be blessed by the Lord. And who wouldn't want that?

Well, time to head to another zone preparation day to play lots of games and sports! Then Sister Anderson gets to pack. This week is her last full week as a missionary! She is going home to Idaho on February 18th. And I'm "killing" her. So I will get a new companion here pretty soon, not sure how I feel about that!

 I hope you all have a warm, fun, exciting week! Keep me updated!

Love,
 Sister Emma Zimmerman


P.S. I would just like to take this moment to brag about my best friend. She got into her #1 choice college! Congrats to her!



No comments:

Post a Comment