Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 11:

Hey everyone! I hope you weekend was swell!

Sorry for not sending out an update last week. It was a holiday, so the library was closed. We had to email at a members home and didn't have much time. I feel like this update is going to be really scattered and random, so bare with me!

This has been a very interesting week, no doubt. It was hard as far as missionary work goes. We got a lot of rejections. A while back, we were teaching a man named Richie who suddenly dropped us. We were able to get back into contact with him and he seemed really interested! Things were going really well. He was asking a lot of questions and expressed a desire to come to church. We set up a ride for him and everything. Then, yesterday before church, he texted us telling us he was no longer interested. My companion and I think he may have been antied. That we ready material on the LDS church that portrayed it in an untrue and negative manner. So that was disappointing. 

Speaking of Sunday, my companion, Sister Anderson, was asked a few weeks ago to speak in Sacrament meeting yesterday. I kidded around with her that she had to speak and I didn't. Well, last Wednesday I got a call asking if I would speak. Of course, you can't say no, so I did. I had just a few days to prepare. And when you're a missionary, you really don't have much time to! But I was able to write and give my talk on the importance of the sacrament. It went really well and I got a lot of compliments. Also yesterday, President Payne was in our ward from the quorum of the seventy, which was pretty cool! I got to talk to him for a little while. He has quite the testimony! 

I got to go to the temple on Wednesday with our district and ward mission leader, which was an amazing experience! I love being able to go! The temple really is the house of God. I was able to feel the Spirit really strongly. I got to see Sister Steadman, my old companion from the MTC. I get to see her almost every week, which doesn't seem like enough though! I miss her a lot.

So Sister Anderson and I were thinking and praying about turning Terry over to the elders in our ward as their investigator. We did that this week, so he is no longer our investigator. Of course, we will continue to stop by and visit him and his wife and have lessons with them. We actually have an appointment set up for today at eight, which is good! Yesterday we visited with them and Cathy taught us more about embroidering which we did while we had a lesson about how the Lord is our Shepard. It went really well. They are such a great family.

Since we no longer have Terry as our investigator, our one and only progressing (so far) investigator is Anthony. He has been continuing to read the Book of Mormon and come to church. Last week, we taught him about temples and baptisms for the dead. He really liked hearing it and he understands it. Thank goodness he didn't think baptisms for the dead was weird, as do many nonmembers who do not understand. We learned that he had an adopted 7 week old son who passed away. He felt comforted to know that he will be able to be with his baby again. Anthony is a really great guy. He loves learning about the church. We invited him to be baptized, and he said yes! We haven't set a date yet, though. I know he will get to that point. 

I got one of my wisdom teeth out a few weeks ago. I wasn't put under, so that was an interesting experience. I couldn't feel anything, but I could certainly hear it which was disturbing! The next day I just rested but 
was back to work on Wednesday. But guess what! Now my left bottom wisdom tooth is coming in.. So I am going to have to go get that taken out. Yay. Not. 


We lost the phone last Wednesday. So it was interesting having to go without it for a few days. We looked everywhere but could not find it. We prayed and had a feeling to go back to someone's house we had previously looked at, which seemed weird, but we did. Sure enough, we saw it as we drove up... Frozen to the road! It's a miracle that it wasn't ran over! The ear speaker no longer works so we had to get a new phone, but all our contacts and information was able to be saved. Yay for the power of prayer.


Lately, my favorite scripture has been John 16:33. It helps me to get through everything and anything. When I feel like I am alone and just having a hard time, I read that scripture. It reads, "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." I love the last phrase- "I have overcome the world." Christ went through everything we are dealing with and He made it through. He suffered that we might be able to return to live with Him and out Father in Heaven. He came out on top and made it possible for us to have eternal joy. For that, I am indeed grateful to Him. To know that even though I have problems and struggles, I can have peace in this crazy world.

Well time is up! I am heading over to zone pday, where we are going to play games and sports, which will be a lot of fun!

So until next time, have a great week.

Love always, Sister Emma Zimmerman


No comments:

Post a Comment